The FlexITy Project Manager is a key core member of FlexITy Solutions and provides critical support to the sales cycle and leadership to the delivery teams. When on-site the FlexITy Project Manager acts as an ambassador on behalf of FlexITy ensuring customer satisfaction through the effective, profitable, and consistent delivery of projects. The Project Manager will ensure the successful completion of customer projects based on a defined scope of work outlined in a Statement of Work (also called a project charter). The Project Manager’s objective is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives (defined in approved SoW) while honoring the project constraints of scope, time and budget. Internally, the FlexITy project manager is an integral part of the FlexITy team providing sales support, operational support, and mentoring team members.
The position will report directly to VP of Services.
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
Project/ Practice Management
- Creates and manages multiple and/or large scale customer project plans, including scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communication, risk management, procurement, escalation and issue management (External and Internal).
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to coach & mentor fellow PM’s acting in a lead role.
- Develop and maintain escalation procedures and expectations of Project Managers with respect to clients, vendors and internal issues/resources such that challenges can be overcome with minimal effort, tracking, client satisfaction and the least amount of time delays.
- Develop and implement project management processes and procedures to increase the success factors of each project implementation such that each project is delivered with consistency regardless of Project Manager assigned.
- Project Manage RFI and/or RFP with internal team members and/or vendors as per requirements.
- Educate and mentor new Project Managers on internal FlexITy processes and procedures and Service Delivery Methodology.
- Create a Project Management procedure document that will ensure that every step of the Project Life Cycle is executed in a proven successful methodology.
- Provide reporting and status updates on all assigned active projects/ engagements on a weekly basis using SharePoint project registry and Project Status Updates (PSU’s).
- Provide UC Service Delivery Manager with time reporting data of time allocated/ spent by project per week as well as resources assigned to projects.
- Participate in weekly Service Delivery meetings to review the status of active engagements, challenges, resource issues, resource allocation, and customer milestone billings.
- Assist with the dissemination of Project Management Methodology throughout all levels of the FlexITy Organization.
- Establish post-project processes including customer surveys, internal lessons learned and review of project metrics in terms of level of effort (LoE) estimates versus actual work/ time spent to complete project (Delta analysis).
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Understands the importance of time-tracking, utilization, and P&L accountability.
- Minimizes FlexITy’s and clients’ exposure and risk on project by:
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Tracking and managing project schedule and budget.
- Tracking and logging issues and if necessary, chairing a formal issues review process.
- Manages customer expectations and change following the PMBOK formal change request methodology.
- Ensure all sign-offs are obtained.
- Review all deliverables prepared by team prior passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Effectively manages Change Management Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track projects from inception to completion to ensure scope, budget and timelines are being met by helping to identify project risks, resource conflicts, project interdependencies and create mitigation plans.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of every project assigned to deliver.
- Accountable for the customer satisfaction of every project assigned to deliver.
- Communicate project priority and set project task priority for the project team.
- Manage project success factors, ensuring that they are documented and signed off by customer at project kick-off.
- Communication of project plan and status to Project Team, Stakeholders, and Executives.
- Manage on-site and off-site resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- High level understanding of latest UC technological solutions (complete Sales Exams for UC Specializations).
- Define and track appropriate metrics to communicate and measure performance and success of project.
- Maintain PMP Certification.
- Customers will be Enterprise and Commercial based organizations. The focus is primarily on the delivery phase of the project life cycle. This includes building the project team, the construction of the project plan, the execution and delivery of all tasks to ensure the successful completion and signoff of the project. Must ensure projects match Service Delivery quality criteria and will review project deliverables.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner. Treat others with respect regardless of their status or position.
- Standards and Best Practices maintenance and development.
- Represent FlexITy Solutions Inc. in the upmost Professional manner both in the office and on customer premises.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- Understands the importance of perceived value and works towards team success.
- Effectively and proactively understands the need for constant communication.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow Innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Lead internal process improvement efforts within the Solution Delivery Team including:
- Monthly invoicing per project milestones.
- Time-tracking of resources and projects.
- Internal escalation procedures and weekly status reporting for future resource planning purposes.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/ task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Tracks and reports team hours and future utilization projections.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Manages hardware delivery orders against project SOW, packing slips and inventories accordingly.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices, milestone acceptance documents and change management documents.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Supports and/or leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Has the ability to take existing projects and convert to a repeatable, professional offering with the assistance and support of internal management.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to clients and superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/ sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of network, storage, server, and security as well as application integration, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/ server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of FlexITy capabilities and how to identify opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
The Project Manager must be able to demonstrate successful participation in IT infrastructure projects (UC & DC) using the skills set given below:
- Excellent people skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to develop and manage detail “infrastructure” project plans.
- Experience managing complex, multi-site integration projects.
- Very strong project life cycle methodologies and processes.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels and to effectively liaise with key stakeholders at the executive level.
- Prior Project Management experience with an IT organization.
- Ability to work on many projects concurrently without displaying a flustered stress level.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work load and manage multiple tasks.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, verbal and written.
- High level of experience with MS Project & MS Office Suite.
- Excellent documentation ability.
- Must be a team player and foster a team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide option/ alternatives to problems.
- At least 10 years of project management experience in an IT organization.
Click here to submit your resume.