Sales Credit Analyst (Temporary – Maternity Leave)
As a member of the accounting/finance group, reporting to the Controller and is responsible to direct credit cash receivables/receipts matters and various financial books of account in this regard of the organization by performing the duties listed herein.
The position will require a complete comprehension of the books of account as they pertain to sales. receivables, receipts, knowledge of planning and budget management, evaluation with internal stakeholder and vendors.
Main Business Objectives
Establishes, or recommends to finance, books of account maintenance In relation to cash management
Provides timely reviews of organization’s financial status as to receipts and progress in its various facets including cash forecasting and comparisons to actuals.
Provide incremental improvements and new strategies in the best practices for the management of cash and the maximization of cash inflows resources in all areas of the company including the tightening of the process flows that result in cash
Prepares cash related reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations as required and in conjunction with the Accounting Analyst.
Possesses reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral. diagram, or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Keeps overall complete, up-to-date, accurate and timely financial information for cash management, receipts, receivables, sales
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepares financial reports by performing duties in the following areas:
- Specializes in accounts receivable area by Managing the accounts receivable function within the organization’s established policies
- Reviews invoices, vouchers. or other documents for corrections before entering into records.
- Sorts and files documents, and performs calculations.
- Verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Examines records of amounts receivable and ensures invoices are recorded and received according to terms and
- Processes/directs invoice processing and verification, coding, and drafting of vouchers on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepares statements, invoices and vouchers.
- Balances and reconciles accounts receivable
- Verifies and manages accounts receivable trial balances and other management reports and statistics detailing financial results in AR area
- Suggests improvements in processes to increase effectiveness of unit.
- May perform or supervise other basic clerical duties associated with accounts receivable
- Establishes and communicates new internal processes
GENERAL BOOKS OF ACCOUNT
- Completes accounting tasks
- Performs balancing and reconciliation or other transactions to journals or ledgers and verifies accuracy as required
- Analyzes, verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Analyzes, investigates and corrects accounting entries as needed
- Prepares and verifies commissions reports and cheques for payment
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the accounting operation
CASH MANAGEMENT AND TREASURY
- Advises on results of cash management report results for financial planning purposes
- Maximizes cash through effective cash management
- Analyzes financial records to forecast future financial position and budget requirements in known areas of AR
- Records particulars of deposits from duplicate deposit slips prepared by receptionist/clerk
- Performs bank reconciliations — balancing checkbooks with bank statements as required
- Prepares financial reports for management.
SUPERVISORY AND OTHER DUTIES
- Supervises and reviews work as required in the performance or preparation of back-up schedules, sorting documents, and filings.
- Correct errors or notes mistakes that need to be corrected and follows up
- Serve as a consultative financial resource to the other groups, integrating functional expertise/experience.
- Exercise broad independent judgment to determine method for issue resolution.
- Exercise interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness.
- Ethics — treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others: work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organization Support — Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- WSIB Certificates for companies (for various Provinces)
- Insurance Certificate requests for companies
- Dun and Bradstreet – credit reports provided for new customers and analyzed
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your résumé.